Woodnet Forums
Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw (/showthread.php?tid=7268735)

Pages: 1 2

Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Home Theater guy - 04-19-2016

Any one have one and what do you all think of grizzly tools I'm just starting to out fit my shop

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Steve N - 04-19-2016

I bought the equivalent almost 2 years ago 8" HH, with parallelogram beds. Love it. Since I have gone with them for a DC unit, and some air handlers, very happy with what I have purchased, and all aspects of sales, and service. Looking to get a 15" HH planer in the not too distant future.

There are some reviews online, and for the most part the word here is very positive.

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Anthony W - 04-19-2016

I can say only two things. (1) I love my G0490. (2) I wish I had purchased the G0490X with the spiral insert head.

The jury may still be out on the new assembly plant (hence the W on the end of the model number).

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Home Theater guy - 04-19-2016

Thank you

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Bob DeViney - 04-19-2016

I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Anthony W - 04-20-2016

Bob DeViney said:

I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.

Just one helper? I guess I had the wrong helpers.

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - K. L. McReynolds - 04-20-2016

I bought a 2HP DC and a 6" parallelogram jointer---LOVE them!

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - opticsguy - 04-20-2016

Purchased an 8" jointer a few year's ago from grizz, a fabulous machine and probably the most used equipment in my workshop. Because I live only 15 minutes from a Grizz warehouse, I have found myself there often. Always friendly and courteous and the best customer service. Of course, as always, a good attitude will get you positive feedback and help. Recommended.

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - K. L. McReynolds - 04-20-2016

Oh, one other thing, Papa Griz is a WoodNet member.

Re: Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw - Arlin Eastman - 04-20-2016

The VA bought me the 6" model with the Spiral Cutterhead. If I was to get another one it would be the same one you are talking about since it also has Parallelogram Beds.

The only thing better is a bigger model with the same features.

Arlin