Woodnet Forums
Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? (/showthread.php?tid=7364336)

Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Scott W - 08-06-2021

This looks a bit different than the other bench dog router tables I see online.  It has a PC 690. 

$125?

I can build a little one and I have a router to put in it... but this would save some time and eliminate the need to switch out bases.

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - OneStaple - 08-06-2021

Not knowing anything about your current needs and setup, I vote yes.

Tyler

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Scott W - 08-06-2021

Yeah...I don't have a router table... I don't have a ton of space either.  I was curious why this cabinet is different then the other orange colored bench dog cabinets.

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - fredhargis - 08-07-2021

It sure seems to me to be worth $125, though it wouldn't be my first choice for a RT (a little small). Even so if it would fit your needs I wouldn't worry about why it looks different.

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Scott W - 08-07-2021

(08-07-2021, 05:37 AM)fredhargis Wrote: It sure seems to me to be worth $125, though it wouldn't be my first choice for a RT (a little small). Even so if it would fit your needs I wouldn't worry about why it looks different.

I didn't know if they (bench dog)  have grades.  Like the good ones have the orange and the bad ones are not. 
As far as size,  I was gonna be moving soon which would have given me a ton more space since I was gonna get a much larger garage but that looks to on hold for another year so this size is ok for now.

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - tablesawtom - 08-07-2021

If it comes with a 690 ,I would be careful not to hurt my hand getting my money out.

Tom

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - cpolubin - 08-09-2021

I had that table for years. It's small but it works. The one thing you need to know is that the plate size is smaller than the normal plate /lift. If you put a lift in it you're restricted to the Rockler/Bench dog lift. That can limit your choices if you decide to upgrade later. If you build your own table down the line it's not a problem. But when I wanted to upgrade to a bigger table from Incremental Tools to make full use of my Incra fence I had to replace the lift as well.

Cliff

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - MT Woodworker - 08-09-2021

I would buy it just for the 690 router

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Scott W - 08-10-2021

Update.  I didn't get it. Stupid me thought it was about 45 mins away in a direction I go often.  Turned out it was almost 2.5 hrs away. I felt very stupid when I realized that.

RE: Benchtop Bench Dog Router Table w/PC 690. Worth it? - Frank Booth - 10-08-2021

I have that exact router table.  I like it; used it quite a bit.