Woodnet Forums
Tablesaw Maintenance - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Tablesaw Maintenance (/showthread.php?tid=7366288)

Tablesaw Maintenance - lift mechanic - 11-30-2021

While I was waiting for the grain to raise on my latest project, I took off the motor cover off my unisaw. Cleaned all the dust setting in the cabinet and wiped down the gearing and slides. Applied something called XXX2000, some kind of lubricant that doesn't attract too much dust. I sprayed and cranked the up and down and tilt mechanisms. Everything seems to move easier. Blew out the motor checked the belts for wear, they have lasted 9 - 10 years with a fair amount of use.

Anything I missed that I should look at?

RE: Tablesaw Maintenance - sweensdv2 - 11-30-2021

At least once a year, sometimes more often, I clean the CI top of my saw with Mineral Spirits and then reapply a rust inhibitor and a few coats of Johnson's Paste Wax.

RE: Tablesaw Maintenance - lift mechanic - 12-01-2021

I have used several friction reducing products. I have used Glide-Coat, Lami-lube and ProtecTool all worked quite well. Really could not notice a difference. I normally spray the top just before I start the next project. I spray the jointer X4 more often than the tablesaw.

RE: Tablesaw Maintenance - MT Woodworker - 12-04-2021

I also regularly clean my cast iron tool tops, then a coat or two of Johnson's paste wax.

RE: Tablesaw Maintenance - Stwood_ - 12-05-2021

I make a 50/50 mix of paraffin and bees wax for my cast tops.