390 segment flower petal bowl
Building and turning my most elaborate segment bowl yet. 14x6inch, 390 segments, 13 rings made from maple, black walnut and cherry. Finished with General Finish's wood bowl finish
That's gorgeous. 30 segments per ring? Wow! I only have the patience for 12 and don't do patterns at all.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(05-08-2024, 05:36 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: That's gorgeous. 30 segments per ring?  Wow!  I only have the patience for 12 and don't do patterns at all.

Thank you, I have done some other ones with cool patterns but this was by far the most elaborate one I have done
Great looking bowl! Well done.
Frank
Looks good! Nice job on getting every thing aligned. Even tiny errors stick out and I couldn’t see any on your bowl.
VH07V  
(05-09-2024, 12:36 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Great looking bowl! Well done.

Thanks
(05-10-2024, 11:58 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Looks good! Nice job on getting every thing aligned. Even tiny errors stick out and I couldn’t see any on your bowl.

Thanks, I check every ring after it is clamped to make sure it didnt shift