Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I really like the deer a lot

Even better is if I had a lot of the spalted wood to turn and I am drooling over it. Yes
Bump for posterity.
God Bless You NTR, wherever you be.
Not sure this is still available

[attachment=5992]
[attachment=5993 Wrote:goaliedad pid='5631610' dateline='1318206745']I used the link provided a long time ago- I made three sizes- enlarge on a copier works wonders.
5 3/8 tall works well with 7/8 thick stock
8 inch tall
10 5/8 tall works well with 1 7/8 thick stock
I just grabbed the templates, but didn't get all of them- if you saw my shop you would understand. If anyone needs a pdf, shoot me a pm with your email- I will get one out quickly.

I printed the picture that Ohio Mike posted- that will work with 3/4 stock.  

Have fun making a herd of these!
No pictures, no lookie shame PB has people by the short hairs.
Golden oldie
Since this thread is getting mighty old and Christmas is a scant two weeks away I thought I would add a update to keep it active. A quick google search for "bandsaw reindeer" brought up several links. If you're looking for a pattern plus a how to video, the best one I saw was at a site I've never heard of before. Woodworkers Guild of America. (www.wwgoa.com) You can do a search on the site and download the pattern without being a member. Well, at least once because I could. 

Not sure if we are allowed to post links but here is a direct one to the page. (Mods, please remove if not allowed.)

https://www.wwgoa.com/video/post-haste-p...er-010244/
I use a forstner and clean them up with my spindle sander
Posting from iphone
I am happy to see this survived the switch to the new software.

Now if someone can just resurrect NTR's pics.  That was some great firewood he was working with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15