Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Just a Classic bit of Walnut and Madrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, I am still alive. Barely. I recently had a chance to finish a couple of handles I started many moons ago..As I have been catching up I try to throw one in the mix from time to time.
The first is just a 10" Walnut of what I came to call the "A" series or Classic series. Simple lines , beveled semi gloss spine, and, yes, a rectangular plate. 38* hang. 15ppi. 0* fleam. No frills no thrills. Boring but functional.

The next one was blanked out almost 2 years ago. So a slightly different style than I use now. Double loop in Madrone Burl ( Thanks Dave ), 9ppi x cut. Black Mother of Pearl inlaid saw fasteners. Triple pierced plate. This one might be a keeper.

Lastly a simple one in Sapele. Same filing as the Madrone but with a 5* higher hang.

Ok. So back to the dungeon I go.
Wow, that half back is spectacular! I must admit I don't care for the toe on the dovetail spine, but the handle is as nice as they come. Thanks for showing us!

Jonathan
Ron

That is a wonderful piece of work there.

Anyone having one of your saws is a blessed guy for sure.

Arlin
Having to take them out of their glass fronted display case, carry them out to the shop and then polish the fingerprints off before returning them to their cases could get tiresome. Very beautiful saws Ron.
The madrone handle is simply spectacular. Madrone is a very beautiful wood, but can be a challenge to work with due to its high shrinkage rates. Nice work!
Beautiful saws.
I doubt that the details could be any more crisp. Especially like the Madrone Burl.

Eric.
Ron, your saws are never boring.

Beautiful, as usual.
Ron B and Issac S. are two sick individuals with twisted minds. The only difference between them and average serial killers is that they kill you with the beauty of their saws... No frills no thrills...

( Take that as a compliment! )
Skewdge said:

Ron B and Issac S. are two sick individuals with twisted minds. The only difference between them and average serial killers is that they kill you with the beauty of their saws... No frills no thrills...

( Take that as a compliment! )

Thank you. (I think )
Martin S. said:

Ron, your saws are never boring.

Beautiful, as usual.

+ 1 ............ Defiantly not boring to me, beautiful saw and saws.

Steve
Pages: 1 2