Woodnet Forums

Full Version: tansu-inspired tool chest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that's just a doggone good looking design. Well done!!

g
A very nicely designed, and executed piece, but that hardware is just totally off the hook, it makes that piece look as good as it does. Nice choice.
Chuck Nickerson said:

Care to share your source for the drawer pulls?

It's on his blog-

traditional ring pulls from Lee Valley

Phil S. said:

[blockquote]Chuck Nickerson said:

Care to share your source for the drawer pulls?

It's on his blog-

]http://www.leevalley.com/en/images/item/hardware/chesthardware/01a6128g1b.jpg[/image]

[/blockquote]

Thanks. I looked but since I'm at work, not very thoroughly.
How sweet is that. Nicely done!!!

Can you show us what's inside the drawers?
wood2woodknot said:

OP: "Shop sawn veneer on the drawer fronts, a reason board for the slab door ..."

What is a "reason board"? I never heard that term before.

Autocorrect strikes again--that should be "resawn".
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I don't have any interior shots, but there's nothing much to see--no internal dividers, and the organization is still evolving. I've tried to put like items with like but that's about the extent of my method.
TomFromStLouis said:

This is really nice. Excellent design, beautiful wood, sweet hardware. Not sure about the locking miters - never use them myself - but this piece dresses up any shop.

I don't use the locking miters much myself--I originally bought the bit to make quadrilinear legs for a Stickley-style settle. Based on WoodNet reviews, I picked up the Infinity jig. The jig certainly simplifies set up, and the locking miter is a good joint for plywood cases like this chest since it keeps the joint covered. I find it little less slippery than a regular miter, too.
+++ what everyone else said
The first thing that came to my mind about the asymmetry of the draws
is that it would probably make it easier for me to remember what is in which drawer.
I've never heard of tansu before. I likes!
Thanks for introducing me to that phrase and style.
Now I'll have to make something like that.
Your tool chest is nicer than most people's house furniture

That is really beautiful
Pages: 1 2