Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Lumber source Tyler Tx?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been here for a while, but haven't found a good lumber supplier.

I'd like a steady supply of poplar for painted projects but also would like some nicer wood like cherry, maple,white oak and some basswood for a shutter project.

I know there are some folks in the area where do you get your wood for projects?

Duke
Duke,

Stuart Adams and Sons Hardwoods, 1501 South Buffalo Street, Canton, TX is the closest hardwood dealer to Tyler. I am also sending you a PM regarding our woodworking club in Tyler.

Roger Davis in Tyler, TX
It's a ways from you, but M&G Sawmill is near Huntsville, and they can get some pretty good stuff.
Bibliophile 13 said:

It's a ways from you, but M&G Sawmill is near Huntsville, and they can get some pretty good stuff.

I've been to M&G several years ago, and their stock seemed pretty sporadic. Probably where I would go if I needed a couple hundred board feet for stain grade cabinets, but wouldn't drive down expecting basswood.

Duke
RogerD said:

Duke,

Stuart Adams and Sons Hardwoods, 1501 South Buffalo Street, Canton, TX is the closest hardwood dealer to Tyler. I am also sending you a PM regarding our woodworking club in Tyler.

Roger Davis in Tyler, TX

Went up there, great place, great staff, good selection.

Bought some 8/4 mahogany and some maple.

Thank you
Duke
There's a difference between a sawmill and a lumberyard. M&G is a sawmill. They can mill up nice stuff, but they don't stock a lot of surplus lumber on a regular basis.