Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Delta TS 34-444 splitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know where I can find a splitter for the Delta 34-444 ?
The Shark Guard will fit that saw and it is a splitter and a guard.
I'm sure the Shark guard is a better solution, but I just bolted a strip of metal into mine. Look under the insert, and you will see a bracket at the back where a single bolt will attach a splitter that will tilt with the blade. I ignored the rod that sticks out the back.

I used a slot rather than a simple hole in the strip of metal to make installation and removal fast: the bolt needs to be loosened but not removed.
Thank you for the replies. The shared knowledge on this forum is great for a new and isolated woodworker. Well, not quite isolated, we all have YouTube, don't we.
A bit spendy anymore, but I have this and it works really well.

Seems like when I bought mine years ago it was about 1/2 the price they're asking now.
Alan S said:

I'm sure the Shark guard is a better solution, but I just bolted a strip of metal into mine. Look under the insert, and you will see a bracket at the back where a single bolt will attach a splitter that will tilt with the blade. I ignored the rod that sticks out the back.

I used a slot rather than a simple hole in the strip of metal to make installation and removal fast: the bolt needs to be loosened but not removed.

Make one for thick, and one for thin kerf blades.
Make your own . Ain't hard...

meackerman said:

Seems like when I bought mine years ago it was about 1/2 the price they're asking now.

same here. at least half the price, or I may have gone with other aftermarket options.
meackerman said:

This is the splitter that I had on my 34-444 before I sold it. They work great, but I paid about $29 when the original Delta was still in business.