Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Plumbing Question - Part for Attaching Kitchen Faucet to Coutertop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

We have a fairly new kitchen. It was remolded about 5 years ago so everything is fairly new. The sprayer started to leak so I went to Home Depot and bought one of those standard sprayers.

To remove the existing sprayer, I had to unscrew the existing hose from the plumbing. When I tried to unscrew the hose, the bracket (lack of a better word) that holds the faucet in place disintegrated as it had rusted. Normally, things like faucets attach to the counter top via a plastic nut which tightens on the base of the faucet which is threaded. Not in my case. The bracket which was holding the faucet in place looks like the following picture. I am going from memory so the image may not match reality.

Questions - Has anyone seen this type of connector before? Does anyone know what it is called? Does anyone know where I can buy a new one?

No brand identifyer?
If it rusted, I question the wisdom of keeping the existing faucet.

If an off-brand, I question keeping it anyway.

If a common brand, you can likely get the part from the manufacturer.
Never seen anything like that I would ask on a plumbing forum
Thanks for replies. Sorry it took me a while to get back. I cannot remember the brand of faucet. It is not a Delta or Moen. I know the brand is decent. I could be wrong but I do not think the fastener was part of the Faucet kit. I think the fastener was used by my contractor. He may have had to use it because we have a Farmer's sink vs a normal sink? I have no idea. Just a guess.

I just want to figure out what the heck the part name is so I can grab one from a plumbing supply store.
A photo could help immensely here.
blackhat said:

A photo could help immensely here.

What's the fun in that?
I will try to get a photo of what is left of the part. Like I said, it fell apart. I was able to jerry-rig it so that it would hold the faucet in place.
Can you fit a conventional faucet? I'd replace it.
I cannot recall ever seeing a faucet that wasn't secured with some type of threaded connection. Sometimes the single hole faucets are secured with a threaded tube that serves the sprayer, other times there are three hoses and a threaded rod. Both types use a washer or bracket with spaces for the hoses and a nut. I'm thinking, if you took a piece of steel 1/8 x 1/2 x 6" bent into a "U" that was snug against the threads, you could tighten the faucet down. your bracket probably did the same thing except it provided support on two axis's. B.T.W. now would be a good time to fill the hole with G.E. silicone; That 1-1/2" O-ring is a lot neater than plumbers putty, but they will leak in short order if there's any movement what-so-ever.