Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Kudos to Oneway customer service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided I wanted to spend my Christmas money on a chuck for my newly refurbished VEGA lathe.

It's an 80's model that uses a smooth shaft with setscrew instead of threads to hold chucks.

I called Oneway about an adapter and they said they had one so I ordered it.

Turned out it was the adapter for the Oneway/Talon, not the Stronghold I bought.

Went to their website this time and discovered that the part number on the adapter I ordered ($25) was listed under the same part number for both the smaller (Oneway/Talon) chuck and the larger stronghold.

Lady I was talking to said "oops" and decided to send the the correct adapter, no charge, and I could keep the one I have in case I want a smaller chuck in the future.

Then she said they had been trained yesterday on how to correct problems on their website and she would fix the double listing herself.

I checked back an hour later and the listing were correct.

Good people to deal with!!
Don't you just love great customer service!!!

I've been dealing with Teknatool and my SuperNova2 Infinity upgrade for the past few months. See patience wearing thin thread.

I just got off the phone with them and will post my results in a new thread about their customer service.

Kudos to Oneway!!!
Isn't it nice when customer service is empowered to actually do something without first asking permission?
AHill said:

Isn't it nice when customer service is empowered to actually do something without first asking permission?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Power to the people on the front lines not only gets things right but it gives them a deeper feeling of involvement, helping with retention.

Doug
Oneway is really a mom and pop business.
ONEWAY customer service is among the best.

GM
Grey Mountain said:

GM

Says the man I am envious of because he owns a Oneway lathe, or do you have more than one Lonnie? Oh well, maybe someday.
Mel
I have always been pleased when I have felt with Oneway customer service. I purchased a used Oneway 1224 a couple of years ago and the guide in the tailstock that keeps the tailstock spindle from turning was never installed. The hole was not even drilled. I guess that it slipped through the crack somehow. Anyway, after a call to Oneway, a replacement was sent at no cost to me. I drilled a hole and installed it and life is good. As an aside, I have three Oneways. Two 1224's and a 2436. I also have a bunch of Oneway chucks.
Joe
Totally agreed, first rate. When I bought my lathe used, they gave me all the information about each option that it was originally purchased with before I even showed up to pickup the lathe. I have purchased a few items direct from them and their packaging is incredibly beefy. I was even able to visit them over the summer. We arrived right before lunch and they used their lunch break to give us a tour. Great company, I will be loyal for life.
chips ahoy said:

[blockquote]Grey Mountain said:

GM

Says the man I am envious of because he owns a Oneway lathe, or do you have more than one Lonnie? Oh well, maybe someday.
Mel

[/blockquote]

I only have one ONEWAY - a 2436. My other seven lathes are mostly older Deltas except for my mini.

GM