Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Milesi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone every hear of or especially used this stuff before?

I was in SF last week and stopped in at place called Urban Hardwoods. They sell slab furniture, beautiful stuff. Anyway, I asked the salesmen about the finish, he called it Milesi. Its from Italy and just entered the market. Its a poly, but not like any poly I've ever seen before. It looks like a natural finish and doesn't have that plastic look.

Steve
Milesi

John
Thank you John.

I think I should have framed my question differently. I already had found the site.

Has anyone here used Milesi?

TIA, Steve
Interesting! Looks better than the polyester I've tried a couple times. Now If I can find a source
I was shocked at how nice this stuff looked on the tables. The usual dipped in plastic appearance was absent and I could feel the wood texture as I ran my hand over it.

I contacted their US distributor, he said right now its only available for professional use and requires a spray gun and booth for application. Bummer!

Hopefully, they'll eventually make it available for general use.

Steve
Yeah, that's what I thought. There are several products I wish I could buy but they either are available to pro shops only, or the minimum quantity is 5 gals, or both.

John