Woodnet Forums

Full Version: A new shelf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From an old Wood magazine
The gallery where I sell boxes needs more shelf space so I thought I would make one for her.
It will also have a price tag on it.

Just about done. All red oak and to be finished with minwax mission oak stain and tung oil.

I built a couple of these years ago to sit on each side of my fireplace and had to scale them down to fit.
I couldn't believe how much I scaled them down till I got into this...it turned out huge
I don't really have any build along pics but it sure took a lot of wood.
Thanks for looking
Very nice indeed!!!!

I built one years ago for a benefit for a co-worker. Have always wanted to build one for myself. You may have just rekindled the fire.
Nice display case and I like your shop, at least what I could see of it. What's on TV? Ken
Interesting piece. It's got elements of a lot of furniture types. Please post a post finish shot. I think it will come alive for you.
And the cleanest shop ever award goes to....

Nice case! I like that style for a bookcase. I've seen it a few times lately, grows on me every time.
bennybmn said:

And the cleanest shop ever award goes to....

Nice case! I like that style for a bookcase. I've seen it a few times lately, grows on me every time.

I wonder if Dara didn't move some of his shop stuff and the bookcase into his living room for the pics. There is also the TV for further evidence. Ken
Thanks guys, the shop is a mess though...waiting for a nice windy warm day to open the doors and blow it out.
TV generally has news on as background noise but I sure am getting tired of hearing about this Trump guy
"...........but I sure am getting tired of hearing about this Trump guy."

So are we!!!
I always have my radio on for background, but a TV would be nice for some instructional DVDs! Still, sawdust aside, that's a very neat shop. If you ever want to see what real clutter looks like to make yourself feel better, come on over
Varathane Mission Brown stain was added this weekend, between fishing trips

I can't decide between Minwax Tung oil or shelac for a top coat.
I'm going to Lee valley Ottawa this weekend so I may pick up a nice brush for shelac.
I don't have spray equipment.