Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Looking for Outdoor Furniture Plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to build a set of furniture to be used in our back yard garden. Two chairs and a round table for eating summer meals. Everything I have found online is either clunky looking or designed for lounging rather than sitting at a table. Adirondack chairs for instance are great for reading the newspaper, but not useful for my purpose.
Any leads on plans or books that have plans would be much appreciated. If one of the other forums would be a better location for this post please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
Nice round table in WoodSmith #142. Some chairs in #27. Don't know if they go together, however, but worth a look see.

A beautiful round Ipe' table in FWW #183 that I want to build someday.

And you can always design your own.

John
If you are going to use the chairs at a table on a concrete patio, then chairs with regular legs is fine.

If you are going to use the chairs on a wooden deck or on a lawn, then I would encourage you to consider going with a chair design that has runners for ground contact.

You also want to go with a design that does not have upward-facing blind mortises since they would collect and hold water (that would then foster rot of the tenon ends and try to split the wood around it when it freezes).