Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Shop Tour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always enjoy when others post their shops.
Mine is as clean as it will be for a while so I took some pics.
Specs: Roughly 26 x 26 with 8'6" ceilings with a 8 x 8 office space.

That's a nice space and light and bright, too. And I'd love to have a ceiling that high; I'd be able to store most of my lumber on end. But no finishing area? And what's with that bench?, I think it is? Is it some kind of scissors lift bench?

John
Love all that space!

Me too! Great space and good light.

Ag

Thanks for sharing!
jteneyck said:

That's a nice space and light and bright, too. And I'd love to have a ceiling that high; I'd be able to store most of my lumber on end. But no finishing area? And what's with that bench?, I think it is? Is it some kind of scissors lift bench?

John

Right now, there is no finishing area. If it is nice outside, i'll spray outside. If not, I'll finish inside.
Through the double doors is a 14' x 26' space that will serve as a finishing room when I build another shed for the 4 wheelers and mower.

Yes, the assembly table is a scissor lift. it's 5' x 8'. It drops down to 24" off the floor and goes up to about 40". It is very handy.
Love the adjustable height table. I have a small bench 42" high and it's really handy. If I had to use only the main 28" high bench I'd be hurting.
03rangerfx4 said:

Yes, the assembly table is a scissor lift. it's 5' x 8'. It drops down to 24" off the floor and goes up to about 40". It is very handy.

Now I've got another reason to make my shop bigger. Easier said than done.

Did you buy the assembly table mechanism, prefab it yourself. If purchased, where?

Thanks for sharing