Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Electrical wall plates for 120 & 230
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few 2-gang boxes into which I would like to install:

one of these:

And one of these:

But I have not seen a wall plate that accommodates such a configuration. I'm wondering if anyone has, or If I'm looking at buying a few combo plates that are blank on one side and putting them on the drill press.
An odd configuration that will be difficult to find. For a few your drill press solution is probably the easiest. Be sure you clamp then down tight. They catch and spin around easily. BTDT Ouch.
Here's a link to one on Amazon:

Amazon

And a link to one by Kyle manufacturing:

Kyle

If your local big box doesn't have them you can get them at electrical suppliers.

If you're using 4 inch square metal boxes in your shop, check out this video:

YouTube

Mike
I got one a few years back at Home Depot....they were designed for 2 gang boxes and you selected each side separately. They kind sorta clipped together in the middle.
$1.02 and qualifies for Amazon prime!
Not that odd a configuration, but will be hard to find at a big box store I would suggest either online, or a good electrical supply house, for a Hubbell product, the catalog number for a white 2 gang plate for a  duplex receptacle, and a single receptacle is NP78W.