Woodnet Forums

Full Version: This is brilliant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw this posted over on reddit - forgive me if its been shared here already
http://youtu.be/3ruwZdaPjbs
IIRC, this thing was well over $1,000.  It's cool but that price puts it out of my league.
It is brilliant - for small parts.  Don't know how you'd hold a long piece though. 

John
Looks great but would also like to see how it does on long stock.
I've seen it demonstrated and it's well made. Like most Bridge City tools it's machine tolerance engineered tools for working wood. Puzzle and small box builders could probably benefit most and it definitely appeals to a niche crowd.
No longer in production (unless they get a certain number of backorders), but v2 of the Jointmaker Pro was selling for $1435.  I've also seen it demonstrated by Economaki himself.  Very impressive machine.  He really thinks through a lot of the features. I find Bridge City stuff more useful than the Woodpeckers one time tools, but also like Woodpeckers, more than I care to spend on a specialty tool.
That looks amazing for small parts and veneer. 

Id love to see it in action up close.
I think that for about a third of the going price, Bridge City could not build them fast enough.
That they are waiting for enough orders to build more, is telling.
Ag
I see how it cuts thin parts in a single slice; simple enough.  But how does it cut parts too thick to cut in one push?  I watched the video several times, including stopping it, but couldn't figure out how that works.  Does the saw blade deflect downwards or the work table raise up?  Or some other means?  Something has to move if the blade can't cut all the way through in one pass and the workpiece remains down on the work table. 

John
The handle on the front raises the blade through the table.  I have seen a video of thick stock being sawn. 

The key is once you start the cut you do not want to advance or return the material to a point where  the blade exits the kerf.  The material is advanced across the blade and returned to the front "end" of the saw blade. The blade is raised and the work stroke is repeated.  Keep repeating until the stock is cut.
Pages: 1 2