Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Wood Magazine Forums shutting down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who knew they even had a forum?  Crazy
Those of us with a life knew about wood forums. Big Grin
Hmm I had never heard of them either.
Never knew they had a forum.  And I'm a subscriber.  WoodNet, Sawmill Creek, Lumberjocks:  I've heard of.
How did they get into a situation where they were spending "tens of thousands of dollars per year" to run a forum? There are much larger/busier forums running a couple hundred bucks per year.
The Wood forum was the first one I ever joined (late 90's) and in the beginning it was an extremely busy forum, lots of good stuff. Over the years they declined after an embarrassing platform switch, ham handed enforcement of some silly rules and early-on a moderator that was quite rude and disrespectful of some forum members (all in my opinion, of course). They turned some of that around, but apparently not soon enough. I will miss them. There are a couple of other Woodnetters over there frequently.
Stopped going there years ago. Odd little cliques there, like the WWA forum.
That's too bad.  I joined there many years ago.  I haven't been back since they updated their software.  Their finishing forum was excellent.
Phin Thien said,"How did they get into a situation where they were spending "tens of thousands of dollars per year" to run a forum? There are much larger/busier forums running a couple hundred bucks per year."

Perhaps they had to pay for all of those ad's that were on their forum! I have to agree that the moderator was a rude person and if you were not  a member of the inner circle you were not important. I visited once in a while but was seldom a contributor for obvious reasons.
Pages: 1 2