Woodnet Forums

Full Version: PSA: DMT D8X - $18.25 - DMT D8X 8-Inch Dia-Sharp Continuous Diamond Extra-Coarse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just about to place an order from Amazon; then read your post. Thanks; I added one to my order.  Even 1 or 2 months wait doesn't matter; I haven't had one for 30 years. 

John
I ordered one, but just how coarse is "extra-coarse"?
After some use, I think it would be around 400-600 grit waterstone equivalent.
I've never used a DMT. How flat can I expect it to be?
The DMT solid-surface stones are pretty darn flat. I think that if you're flattening metal surfaces (e.g. the backs of chisels) and need to remove a lot of metal, you're better off with sandpaper on a patten. But they're certainly flat enough for everyday sharpening use.
I just received notification from Amazon that mine is on the way. I half expected this order to get cancelled. Anyone else already get theirs?
(11-05-2016, 06:20 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: [ -> ]I just received notification from Amazon that mine is on the way. I half expected this order to get cancelled. Anyone else already get theirs?

I got my shipping confirmation also.   Big Grin
I received mine today, got the email it shipped Nov 3 and it came in the mail today Nov 5th. the amazon box was a bit beat up as they don't add much packing and it rattles around in there. but the plate is just fine and works good. Definitely a good deal
Mine is supposed to come  in another week, I think.  No shipping confirmation yet, though. 

John
Pages: 1 2 3