Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Clouterie Rivierre Nail Sampler from Lee Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just placed an order with Lee Valley and tried to add the 6pc nail sampler to my order and got the message they can't ship the sampler to a US address. Weird. Anyone have any ideas why that would be?
On both Canadian and US websites I see the sample pack as showing "not available" on line but "in stock" at my local store.  So it seems warehouse has sold out and just some stores may have remaining stock. I got mine a month ago.
The smallest size nails are out of stock.  You can order any of the other sizes individually.
Dang, that was fast. But then it's hard to get really nice nails these days. I'll probably get a few myself next time I place an order.
My point is that they don't just say they're out of stock, by that the sample packs cannot be shipped to a US address. I get items backordered all the time and they still ship here. LV is saying they cannot ship the sample pack to the US. I'm just curious why.

A few years ago I ordered some diaper cloth rags and other items from LV and the rags had to be treated as a separate order and shipped separately. It apparently had to do with US customs and the import of fabric items on order over a certain dollar amount. So I'm curious why the nail sample packs can't be shipped, but larger quantities can be. It's just weird.
(11-01-2016, 08:45 PM)Jason28 Wrote: [ -> ]I just placed an order with Lee Valley and tried to add the 6pc nail sampler to my order and got the message they can't ship the sampler to a US address. Weird. Anyone have any ideas why that would be?

A lot of LV stock is actually shipped from the US.  They keep inventory in the US to avoid the delay in customs.  A lot easier to fill out one customs declaration for hundreds of a particular item than to fill out 100 individual declarations.  They are already importing those nails from France.  Could be a customs thing that they'd have to pay some tariff if they import the nails into the US.  No tariff on goods manufactured in Canada.  You could shoot Rob Lee a PM via the forum and ask, or call LV directly.  Let us know what you find out.
The samplers weren't a backorderable item.  The text read something like "while quantities last or until Nov 30"  and they've now completely disappeared from the website.

If you still need a better explanation contact LV Cust. Service.
(11-02-2016, 03:15 PM)JimBelair Wrote: [ -> ]The samplers weren't a backorderable item.  The text read something like "while quantities last or until Nov 30"  and they've now completely disappeared from the website.

If you still need a better explanation contact LV Cust. Service.

The must have not updated the US website, because they still appear there, but as "Currently of Stock, Expected March 22."
Didn't LN order in and start stocking the nails from the same co.?
(11-02-2016, 06:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't LN order in and start stocking the nails from the same co.?

Yes, but they don't have the sampler and they don't have the same range of sizes as LV.
Pages: 1 2