Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Sketchup Help - Camera Views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stepped away from Sketchup for a few update cycles and have been using a mac for a few years. I learned (what little I know) on a windows machine. I used to have handy little camera icons for switching views (front, left, right, top etc.)  Can anybody tell me if these are still around and if so how to get them back on my mac version of free Sketchup? I can't remember the keyboard shortcuts and going through the drop down menus is not nearly as quick as I would like.

Thanks!

Marc
Sure.  I'm using Make 2015 (on a PC) so it might be different on the newest version, but I doubt it.  At the very top a line with "file name - SketchUp Make".  Below that is a line with "File, Edit, View, ..... Help".  OK, below that line there should be a line of icons.  Place your pointer anywhere in that line and click your right mouse button.  Go down the list and put a check mark next to "Views".  The little houses (Views) should show up in that line of icons. 

John

It does work a little different on Mac than it does on the PC. On both you can select the Standard views from Camera>Standard Views. If you the Views toolbar displayed, go to View>Customize Toolbar... Last menu item in the list. Find the Standard Views tool palette and drag it up onto the top row.
[Image: 31628947955_985807026a.jpg]
-DaveR1
(12-13-2016, 03:56 PM)ModSE Wrote: [ -> ]It does work a little different on Mac than it does on the PC. On both you can select the Standard views from Camera>Standard Views. If you the Views toolbar displayed, go to View>Customize Toolbar... Last menu item in the list. Find the Standard Views tool palette and drag it up onto the top row.
[Image: 31628947955_985807026a.jpg]
-DaveR1

This worked perfectly. Thank-you! The Camera --> Standard Views --> option was what i was having to do before. This is much quicker.

I'm glad that helped. You could set up keyboard shortcuts if you wanted or create a template with scenes for the different standard views, too.