Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Spalted Maple Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am doing a small jewelry box and I am using spalted maple as the main box. I am trying to come with a complimenting / contrasting wood that might work. Any ideas or photos that anyone would care to share? Thanks!
I have used Mahogany on several occasions and it offsets the maple beautifully in my opinion.
[attachment=5177]
[attachment=5178]
Mahogany, Cherry, Walnut or just about any dark wood would look good.
Maple, spalted or not always plays off well against any darker wood. I'm a Domestic wood kinda guy, so for me Cherry, and Walnut are present for that purpose. I use 80% Maple to all other woods, so the others really are for using as a secondary or accent wood.
Thank you very much for your opinions and pictures. This is helpful.
Norm
(10-22-2017, 09:55 AM)NORMĀ ABRAHAM Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your opinions and pictures. This is helpful.
Norm

+ red heart, bloodwood,
(10-20-2017, 11:16 AM)NORMĀ ABRAHAM Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing a small jewelry box and I am using spalted maple as the main box. I am trying to come with a complimenting / contrasting wood that might work. Any ideas or photos that anyone would care to share? Thanks!

African blackwood, bubinga, sapele