Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Native Timbers of Australia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was cruising around that famous on line auction site late one night and this little jewel popped up.

[Image: DSCN4644.jpg]

It is a nice little shoe brush with an inlay on the back. I am sure Derek has a closet full of these.
(11-25-2017, 01:39 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: [ -> ]It is a nice little shoe brush with an inlay on the back. I am sure Derek has a closet full of these.

We don't wear shoes in Oz. No point in polishing flip-flops (called "thongs" in Oz ... which is different from an undergarment Smile ) . 

Regards from Perth

Derek
(11-25-2017, 07:48 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: [ -> ]We don't wear shoes in Oz. No point in polishing flip-flops (called "thongs" in Oz ... which is different from an undergarment Smile ) . 

Regards from Perth

Derek
We called them "thongs" here also Derek, back in the olden days when they first came on the market...Also knew them as "shower shoes"....Now days, some folks wear them to church!!!! Laugh Laugh
(11-26-2017, 08:52 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: [ -> ].................
We called them "thongs" here also Derek, back in the olden days when they first came on the market...Also knew them as "shower shoes"....Now days, some folks wear them to church!!!! Laugh  Laugh

Here in north Florida they are "evening wear".
(11-26-2017, 10:08 AM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: [ -> ]Here in north Florida they are "evening wear".
But only if the toenails are painted...right ??????? Laugh
(11-26-2017, 10:33 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: [ -> ]......................
But only if the toenails are painted...right ??????? Laugh

Some things cannot be unseen...
(11-26-2017, 09:13 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: [ -> ]Some things cannot be unseen...
Tell me about it !!!!!! Winkgrin Laugh Laugh
Nice!

I've heard Australian timbers are very cranky....  I may want to use some the next time I do a dumpster-dive repair like this one Smile

[attachment=5990]
(11-28-2017, 03:23 PM)C. in Indy Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

I've heard Australian timbers are very cranky....  I may want to use some the next time I do a dumpster-dive repair like this one Smile

Good save on the cranks.