Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Custom Tinting Wood Stain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if you guys knew a place where a guy could order custom tinted stain. I am looking for a custom color that is not made buy anyone that I know of yet.  I am looking for american flag red and blue. If I go into a paint store can that just added regular paint colorant to a clear tint base stain? I was also wondering how close minwax's navy blue and crimson is to the flag colors. Any guidance would be appreciated.
I have had Sherwin Williams mix stain for me. They can scan the color you want and their computer can match that color. I am sure other paint stores can do the same.
(12-06-2017, 07:32 AM)Bope Wrote: [ -> ]I have had Sherwin Williams mix stain for me. They can scan the color you want and their computer can match that color. I am sure other paint stores can do the same.

Dyes may be another option for you.    Remember both stains and dyes will be influenced by the wood itself.     Try on samples first, not on project.   Roly