Woodnet Forums

Full Version: A simple cabinet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=7575]

I made this for a Christmas gift for the lady I date.  About 80"high, 40" wide, lower part 9" deep, upper part 7" deep.  All the wood was off of my family's land.  The spalted oak was from a tree in back of Mom's house, the walnut from when they expanded a road through the family land.  The back is solid, tongue and groove, beaded walnut.  The tree of life was laser engraved by a local place.

All comments welcomed.

Toney
A simple cabinet? I would love to see some thing fancy! Great piece, even nicer given the history of the wood
(01-24-2018, 08:03 PM)iublue Wrote: [ -> ]I made this for a Christmas gift for the lady I date.  About 80"high, 40" wide, lower part 9" deep, upper part 7" deep.  All the wood was off of my family's land.  The spalted oak was from a tree in back of Mom's house, the walnut from when they expanded a road through the family land.  The back is solid, tongue and groove, beaded walnut.  The tree of life was laser engraved by a local place.

All comments welcomed.

Toney

[Image: jpeg;base64,....]

Hi Toney - that looks absolutely gorgeous - please correct the second image and add some close-ups - if you marry that girl, I'd include that item in a prenuptial agreement -  Wink Big Grin  Dave
That sure is nice and the wood is gorgeous.  Those book matched door panels look like a ghosts or owls to me.  Very cool. 

She must be one special lady!

John
Great job Toney, beautiful, keep up the good work.
Bob
Well done .
I'm trying to find the simple part of the cabinet. Big Grin

Beautifully done.
That is drop dead gorgeous.One beautiful piece of work and one very lucky lady.

Mel
Very nice indeed Toney!! Now that you're done showing off lets see that simple cabinet!! lol
Whoa!  That is beautiful wood and workmanship!  Those doors are fantastic.  

Joel
Pages: 1 2