Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Gorilla gripper $20 @ Lowes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I happened to see that Lowe’s started selling the Gorilla Gripper. It’s not the metal version but it looks beefy enough to carry 4x8 ft sheets of plywood.
I had to look that up.  This is what I found.

I have one. Don't use it a lot, but when you own one you
realize what a pain not having one was.
Great commercial. However YMMV

I bought one for lugging sheet goods to the basement shop thru a bulkhead. There is't enough headroom thru the door to use it in that application. Ended up going back to using the claw end of a hammer as a carrying hook. Much more effective than the gripper.

g
(03-29-2018, 12:20 PM)shoottmx Wrote: [ -> ]Ended up going back to using the claw end of a hammer as a carrying hook. Much more effective than the gripper.

I got one of those orange plastic arm extender0 things, which is pretty effective.  When I was younger it didn't matter, but that orange plastic thing definitely makes it easier on the (now) rare occasion when I have to carry a lot of heavy sheets.  Easier than a claw hammer, unless you don't have it handy of course.
1+ on the orange plastic panel carriers. Those are pretty nice for what they are.  I wist it was a bit longer though.
I just always use my hand?
(03-30-2018, 08:05 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: [ -> ]I just always use my hand?
Not all of us have ape arms that allow us to scratch our ankles without bending over (or carry a ply sheet comfortably holding on to top and bottom). Big Grin
(03-31-2018, 06:54 AM)KyleD Wrote: [ -> ]Not all of us have ape arms that allow us to scratch our ankles without bending over (or carry a ply sheet comfortably holding on to top and bottom). Big Grin

Oh. Ok. Laugh Laugh Laugh
I already have the plastic plywood hook type one that carries it from the bottom. It works OK but it would be easier to carry from the top. For $20, I think I'll pick one up.
Pages: 1 2