Woodnet Forums

Full Version: General Tools face frame system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My experience with General Tools is that they make inexpensive equipment of passable quality.  However their face frame system looks very tidy and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.  I could find no videos or writeups on line.

https://www.tequipment.net/General-Tools...NoQAvD_BwE

[Image: GeneralTools8562.jpg]

[Image: GeneralTools_8562.jpg]
[Image: GeneralTools856.jpg]
Never heard/knew they existed. Fairly new company?
Their hold downs look interesting. That double holder would be nice.
Looks like a solution to a problem I didn't know I had.  By the time you get that thing set up, I'll have my face frames assembled and attached to the boxes using my simple ol' Kreg jig.
The drill guide block has a lot of slop in it. You either set this up to pull the drill towards you,, awkward,, or reach across the table to push the drill. Awkward again. The drill guide bushings are aluminum & not steel. I like the principle of the system tho. You can drill 2 pieces at the same time AND run the screws in while its still under the drill guide. I'll stay with what I've got as well.
Guess my question is why would you need the pocket holes in the first place? Run the dado all the way through the stile and put a tenon on the rail. Glue, clamp, easy peazy.

Agree it looks like a solution to a problem I don’t have.

General has been around for decades, though likely has changed ownership atone or two since the old days.