Woodnet Forums

Full Version: closing in a porch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Part of my second story deck has a roof over it. I want to do the three season thing. i have a couple problems. First-the stairway emptys into the covered part so will need a door at the top of the stairs as well as a door to access the rest of the deck. Second-I have a window that is 1/2 under the covered part and 1/2 on the open deck. The first thought would be to run a wall from the top of the stairs but the window will be in the middle when the wall attaches to the house. Any ideas?
pics would help for this one.
(06-03-2018, 05:11 AM)tomsteve Wrote: [ -> ]pics would help for this one.

Yes
[attachment=10805]
Can't run the wall where it needs to be at the end of the roof. Suggestions?
bring the wall in so it breaks center on the first vertical mortar joint.
(06-05-2018, 03:27 PM)tomsteve Wrote: [ -> ]bring the wall in so it breaks center on the first vertical mortar joint.

My thoughts too - frame it in UNDER that overhang so it has an appealing offset from the window. Will look just fine like that IMHO
(06-07-2018, 09:01 AM)vernonator Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts too - frame it in UNDER that overhang so it has an appealing offset from the window. Will look just fine like that IMHO

I thought that was my best option. thanks guys.