Woodnet Forums

Full Version: I thought this style of plane was pulled not pushed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cool video but at the 45 second mark she pushes a plane and I thought it was pulled. 

Is that the norm?

https://youtu.be/9rA074yXyfw
A Chinese Ana White......
(10-02-2018, 09:15 AM)Scott W Wrote: [ -> ]Cool video but at the 45 second mark she pushes a plane and I thought it was pulled. 

Is that the norm?

https://youtu.be/9rA074yXyfw
That isn't a Japanese plane, so it should be pushed as a Chinese plane.

Simon
Also looks as if it was out of necessity due to how she was sitting on the board to keep it in place.
She's good and darn good looking.
Always a delight to see women competent in tradeswork.  She sure doesn't treat the wood delicately - maybe she's just aiming to distress the wood as she goes, since she's not exactly building a refined piece.
(10-02-2018, 03:50 PM)med-one Wrote: [ -> ]She's good and darn good looking.

That's why she has 900k views. Same thing happens with attractive women woodworkers on Instagram. 200 photos and they have 37k followers.

I have 800 followers with 600 photos because I'm an ugly guy.
(10-02-2018, 06:44 PM)mvflaim Wrote: [ -> ]That's why she has 900k views. Same thing happens with attractive women woodworkers on Instagram. 200 photos and they have 37k followers.

I have 800 followers with 600 photos because I'm an ugly guy.

Did you pose with a bikini on?

True story on Instagram where a woman woodworker (US) gets a huge spike in visits every time when she is in her bikini! She knows a thing or two how to "capture" her followers. Paul Sellers on the other hand has to run a gift to give way thing now and then...

Simon
(10-02-2018, 04:18 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: [ -> ]Always a delight to see women competent in tradeswork.  She sure doesn't treat the wood delicately - maybe she's just aiming to distress the wood as she goes, since she's not exactly building a refined piece.

I have not really watched her vid other than the plane segment, so my guess is that she is a content producer rather than a furniture maker. There is always a novelty factor when a woodworker is a female, especially a young one. Some consider some of them (active on social media) in the class of socialites, unless they do furniture or produce video content for a living.

Some female furniture designers and makers are really talented and they spend only the time necessary to showcase their work.

Simon
Sure did give her tools any respect - just dropping them on concrete like that.
Pages: 1 2