Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two really sharp looking boxes!
Really an inspiration to try boxes again. I can make a large cabinet and be happy with that, but smaller boxes always vex me.
Beautiful boxes. Thanks for the inspiration. I love when members share their projects and give the details on wood selection and construction techniques.
Great boxes.

It's been over a year and I need to attempt building them again.  I was so disappointed with my last few. The boxes themselves looked fine but then I got frustrated while adding the (big box store) hinges. Next time I'll know better. Either pay for more for good ones or do without hinges at all and just make them with lift off tops.
(12-21-2019, 08:35 AM)Terry W Wrote: [ -> ]Great boxes.

It's been over a year and I  need to attempt building them again.  I was so disappointed with my last few. The boxes themselves looked fine but then I got frustrated while adding the (big box store) hinges. Next time I'll know better. Either pay for more for good ones or do without hinges at all and just make them with lift off tops.

Good hinges at $30 a pair encourage me to have alternate designs like these where the hinge is just a brass rod into the lid  or to have a lift off lid like the previous two I did.
One I did 10 or years ago

Big leaf maple & bloodwood, with BLO

[attachment=22398]

[attachment=22399]

Bob
Beautiful workmanship  Yes
I love small wood boxes!
Cool Cool Cool
Pages: 1 2