Woodnet Forums

Full Version: The aroma of wood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Walnut. It takes me back to my childhood. My Great Uncle was a carpenter and his house smelled of walnut.

Rick
I love it all.  I use red oak the most but I love the smells in the shop.  That includes all the finishes.  My wife thinks I'm nuts but I haven't run across a wood that I didn't even like.  I am sure there is one out there but so far - I'm good to go.
(07-05-2020, 03:38 AM)EightFingers Wrote: [ -> ]Milo wood is definitely the best.

(07-05-2020, 05:35 AM)fredhargis Wrote: [ -> ]To me it's sassafras.

(07-05-2020, 07:36 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: [ -> ]Give me mesquite please.

(07-05-2020, 07:42 AM)DCottrell Wrote: [ -> ]I love to turn olivewood

(07-05-2020, 09:12 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: [ -> ]Turning Amboyna Burl and ripping Bloodwood.
Southern yellow Pine
Black Walnut
Florida Camphor
Olive wood

Never turned the above highlighted woods but would love to try it.

I can say Camphor is wonderful and Red Ceder, and Pine is also.  I did have a curly KOA but do not remember the smell on that one.  There is one other wood I turned that had a sweet smell but do not remember that one.

Anyone know what Pimmerson wood smells like??  I was thinking of buying a piece of that to turn as a bowl or box if I can find it.   How about Red Bud or Dog Wood??
Pages: 1 2 3 4