Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Dresser Project Done!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That came out really well. Beautiful work! I am still chipping away on my Corona virus project that I started in March. Work from home has meant I am much more reachable than I ever wanted to be, and the clear distinction of work time and personal time has evaporated, so now I get my time in an hour here, an hour there, instead of concentrated shop time. Which is to say I feel your pain, and hope my end results are as nice as yours!
Very clean, good looking piece of furniture. I used those slides on my workbench drawers, love them except for the loss of box depth to accommodate the slide. Wish I had used them on the 2 dressers I built for our bedroom (as opposed to wood with glide tape).

g
(11-15-2020, 01:13 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: [ -> ]Second dresser is done!  It's a bit darker than the pictures show, I have a lot of light in the shop.  I like how it came out.  It took me a bit to figure the structure out.  This is the first project that I've used epoxy to fill knots and purposely keep them in the project.  I like how they turned out, much better than putty.  I also really like the material savings with today's prices.

I actually got this one done in a decent amount of time.  I started in late July, and did other projects in between.  I probably could have finished in a couple of months if I only worked on this.
I really like the look, inside and out!

---
Wow, really nice.  I do like the knots and the grain in the drawer boards.  Its a piece to be proud of.
This turned out really nice! I love quarter sawn red oak and the ambrosia maple drawers really make this pop. Great work!
Very impressive craftsmanship and use oi materials.

Where did you obtain the drawer pulls?
"Where did you obtain the drawer pulls?"

They came from Lee Valley. They had a slightly different look than you commonly see. They are cast zinc, but decent quality.
Thanks. I definitely like the design.
Looks really nice. Like the figure detail on the side panels.

I started using epoxy on board imperfections earlier this year. It really does allow you to use material that you might not have used before. I do agree use should be kept within reason on the show side of the piece.
Very nice. Looks great and the construction also looks great.
Pages: 1 2 3