Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Too many planes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dad gifted me a milk crate full of planes in various sizes and styles. A few Sargent wooden planes, a few Bailey and quite a few Stanley. Tried the yard sale route last year. Even a 5.00 ea only got rid of one. I spoke to a vendor at Loveland flea market. He is a retired union carpenter. He takes his beer finds to the apprentice program and said even they don’t really want the. Besides a welder and Art Deco any ideas. I even thought about giving them to the local organization that helps out in Appalachia every summer. I hate just sending to the scrape yard. Thanks
Don't send them to the scrap yard!  Give them to folks who will use them. Woodworking clubs, folks on these boards who can't afford planes etc.!  -Howard
Look up Arlin on this board. He is always looking for tools he can use with his veterans groups.
(02-17-2021, 07:45 PM)whatline Wrote: [ -> ]Dad gifted me a milk crate full of planes in various sizes and styles. A few Sargent wooden planes, a few Bailey and quite a few Stanley. Tried the yard sale route last year. Even a 5.00 ea only got rid of one. I spoke to a vendor at Loveland flea market. He is a retired union carpenter. He takes his beer finds to the apprentice program and said even they don’t really want the. Besides a welder and Art Deco any ideas. I even thought about giving them to the local organization that helps out in Appalachia every summer. I hate just sending to the scrape yard. Thanks

I donated about a dozen planes to the woodworking program at our local community college this week. The students were happy to pay the low prices we set for them.
If you are willing to ship, post them in swap and sell with the prices you want.  If they are reasonable, the planes will likely get sold.
Arlin Eastman lives over in Council Bluffs, IA......look him up.. Winkgrin