Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Wild Lilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Wild Lilies"
This piece was made from 1/4 sawn Sapele and finished at 7"x 7" First the piece was turned the detail work was hand drawn and carved the finish is lacquer. Here's a video link to see the piece even better. https://youtu.be/p4strrjvHsw
Bruce, another amazing piece!!!!!!!!!!!

A week or so ago, I happened to think about you and was wondering what you were up to? (Love those double prepositions)
(11-03-2021, 07:24 AM)BillĀ Holt Wrote: [ -> ]Bruce, another amazing piece!!!!!!!!!!!

A week or so ago, I happened to think about you and was wondering what you were up to? (Love those double prepositions)

Thank you very much Bill I had a very rough end to the summer we lost both Mom & Dad in August, so didn't start back working on projects until September.
Splinterz25 Wrote:Thank you very much Bill I had a very rough end to the summer we lost both Mom & Dad in August, so didn't start back working on projects until September.

So sorry to hear of your lossĀ Bruce. It's tough enough losing one parent but both in the same month is tragic.

This turning is another winner. Very nice!
(11-03-2021, 08:36 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much Bill I had a very rough end to the summer we lost both Mom & Dad in August, so didn't start back working on projects until September.

Condolences on your losses.

The Wild Lilies piece is awe inspiring. Wow!
My condolences on your loss. Beautiful work as usual. your carving skils are amazing. Sure wish I had some of those skills.
Frank, Turner and Clark Thank you, I've been working with wood for a long time.