Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Something to show off...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok...how about this...whenever you have a Plane out and about....take a photo (or 3) and post it here?   Maybe I'll call this the "Random Plane Photo"

Can be of the day, can be of the week..as long as it is a working plane....everybody likes pictures of shavings, right?

Maybe something like this one?
[attachment=39635]
This can be a daily thing...a weekly thing...as long as it is kept...FUN...

Planes were intended to be used, might as well see them at work...Winkgrin
OK,  here's a coffin plane from a while back that came back into "decent" working order Smile

[attachment=39639]
Don't recall what I was working on that day.  But I happened to notice this scene, so took
the shot and have kept it here on the computer for whatever reason.

So, yeah, I'll play!

[attachment=39642]
Not every plane needs to be huge....
[attachment=39645]
Sometimes, a little "dab" will do ya....
Users being used.

[Image: i-Bz78bNk-M.jpg]
(12-30-2021, 07:41 PM)bandit571 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...how about this...whenever you have a Plane out and about....take a photo (or 3) and post it here?   Maybe I'll call this the "Random Plane Photo"

Can be of the day, can be of the week..as long as it is a working plane....everybody likes pictures of shavings, right?

Home made.......
[Image: fullsizeoutput-f94.jpg]
(12-30-2021, 07:41 PM)bandit571 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...how about this...whenever you have a Plane out and about....take a photo (or 3) and post it here?   Maybe I'll call this the "Random Plane Photo"

More home made...good use of silver solder.

[Image: fullsizeoutput-1188.jpg]

Two musketeers...more home made....

keep thread going.......

[Image: fullsizeoutput-1120.jpg]
From a while back..
[attachment=39682]
and
[attachment=39683]
And, just to make it three..
[attachment=39684]
Putting these two to work, at build their new homes...
Testing out a refurb of an estate sale find, a Sargent VBM 407. It’s similar size to a Stanley #2. Also first try of it’s big brother. A new to me Lie Nielsen # 4 1/2. Very nice surprise Christmas gift.

[Image: full]

And a pic from a recent home repair project. Repair of an old attic window sash. Happened to have an old Manchester England double blade sash plane that gave me a very close match.

Pages: 1 2 3