Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Reusing attachment images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi de ho,

So I want to use this image in another post, rather than reuploading it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38607]

When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

How do I make it show the image?

Thanks
I love the sound of crickets in the evening.....
(01-25-2022, 06:01 PM)doobes Wrote: [ -> ]I love the sound of crickets in the evening.....

I rarely venture out of the basement. Laugh

What I do: 
If I have the image in the browser, such as yours is above, I right-click the image and get a menu that includes "Open image in new tab" and "Copy image address" either of these will give me the URL of the image. Yours is https://forums.woodnet.net/attachment.php?aid=38607 

If it's an attachment that you want to reuse, when making a post there is a link [View My Attachments] near the bottom of the posting window that takes you to your attachments, where you can pick which one to use.

HTH Smile    

- djb
(01-23-2022, 11:00 AM)doobes Wrote: [ -> ]When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

I missed this, sounds like a different prollem than getting the URL for the pic... Raised

- djb
(01-23-2022, 11:00 AM)doobes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi de ho,

So I want to use this image in another post, rather than reuploading it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38607]

When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

Thanks

Well, I see the image on my screen.
Yeah, this forum engine is just plain goofy.