Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Need ideas on storing our spices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I store mine in a deeper drawer underneath the countertop. The bottles just sit vertically and I have a label on top of each. You might be able to rotate this 90 degrees and do something like that. Except instead of stacking them have a series of shelves, maybe with grooves in then to stop the bottles from rolling.
The shelves would obviously not need to be very deep. But you could make multiple levels/depths where they could slide back and forth to access the ones behind. Like with a sliding till in a tool chest. Or the spices are in front and can slide to the side to access storage in the back.
I've made a couple Ala David Marks. This one is about 2 x 2. The other, very similar but 2 x 4. The photo is too large for here.
Another option would be vertical drawers that slide out. This webpage has pictures of plastic versions of what I'm talking about.

https://app.tersurat.com/designs

Might be easier than my earlier suggestion.
Everyone:

A drawer is not and option. Hanging a shelf on the side isn’t an option either. Otherwise I would have noted it in my original post, no?

I’ve started making the inserts for the spices per my crude drawing
Put them in an upper cabinet, very reachable. Make it as wide as you need it. Can also shelve both sides instead of one side like the one's I made. Use 12" ball brg slides, top and bottom. Shelves are adjustable.

I made this for our cabs I made.

[attachment=45874]

(01-14-2023, 07:01 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone:

A drawer is not and option.  Hanging a shelf on the side isn’t an option either.  Otherwise I would have noted it in my original post, no?

I’ve started making the inserts for the spices per my crude drawing

I think threads like this change from a very specific solution to 'general' solutions that others have found useful.  All these replies that seem to be irritating you might be helpful to somebody else.  Sarcasm
DP posted his completed spice drawer project, which looks great. 

FWIW I went the another direction and got what I was looking for (easy access)...each bottle holds the volume of a tall McCormick spice bottle. 
Pages: 1 2