Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Barn Sale, this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a couple of them. Are you sure it needs a spring for the self feeder mechanism? Gravity ( when the drill is vertical) works for mine.
Old shelf was too wide..and got retired to the curb...replaced by..
[attachment=48508]
That way, I can move the post closer to the wall

There is a shim on the floor. and a cleat on the post...Had my son carry the 100 pound drill over to the post, set it on top of the cleat....a clamp to hold things while I drilled and drove 2 lag screws...making sure the drill was also plumb...
[attachment=48509]
Post and the drill are indeed plumb..corner of the Field Stone Wall is...not.
[attachment=48510]
Top of the post was notch to fit around the joist...and a lag screw driven through, with a washer....hammer drill took out a nearby light bulb, too..
[attachment=48511]
Needed this to get up closer to the overhead work....yes, I did make that step stool..
[attachment=48512]
Works as designed..I added the spring to help keep the follower ON the cam lobes...
[attachment=48513]
Seems to be plenty of room...

Some of the "stuff" on the old shelf unit ( Old Swayback Maru?)  was simply tossed away....amazing what a little "down sizing" can do...
[attachment=48514]
Even found an old vise I could use....once I dig up a few bolts to hold it in place...
[attachment=48515]
I have an angle bracket, or 2...maybe tap-con through the bracket, and through the shim and into the concrete floor....and then screw the bracket to the post?

Need to spend today putting away a bunch of toys...
[attachment=48516]
Just to clean off the top of my bench....
[attachment=48517]
Had to remove the top shelf, to get this out of the shop......maybe someone will come along, and give Old Swayback Maru  a new home?

It is even the same colour as the USS Salt Lake City from WW2.....CA-25
Needed to fix a "Speed Bump"....
[attachment=48591]
remains of a bolt?   Drilled it out..
[attachment=48592]
Now the Auto-Feed follower has a smooth ride...

After a final check for Plumb...
[attachment=48593]
Tap-conned the bracket and the shim to the floor.....added a screw into the post through the bracket....can always add one more each...IF need be.

Vise now has a pair of bolts to hold it in place..
[attachment=48594]
Can always move it about,  as needed...
Pages: 1 2