Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Perefect handle screwdrivers ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone make the blanks for the perfect handle screw drivers. I want to handle it with some wood I have. I'm looking for 4" and 6" sizes or maybe even smaller if they were made smaller. I only need 2-4 blanks. 
Thanks
That's interesting. If they were shorter they would be perfect. I'll contact them next week. Thank you for the link
Just another idea, in case you're interested...

I've always loved perfect handle screwdrivers, but the one thing I wish was different is that they'd come in other drivers besides flathead. So a few years ago, I got an old one, cut the end off, and welded on a magnetic quick change bit holder. Then I added desert ironwood scales. I love it.

Now, if only it was ratcheting. Haha

Tyler

[attachment=49257]
That's pretty sweet OneStaple.
Onestaple, that looks nice. I do need slotted though. And rachetting would be cool. I like the look of desert ironwood. Never worked with it. I'll be using figured black walnut.
You're only limited by your imagination, cocobolo and maple examples. Add whatever tip you want. 

[attachment=49342][attachment=49341]
What did you do to attach the Phillips bit and the bit holder? They don't look welded.

Tyler
(01-03-2024, 01:40 PM)OneStaple Wrote: [ -> ]What did you do to attach the Phillips bit and the bit holder? They don't look welded.

Tyler

Drilled a close tolerance hole drilled into handle. Filled hole with Devcon steel epoxy than drove them together. Handle blanks are epoxied too, rivets are just for show.
(12-30-2023, 10:05 AM)longbarrel50 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone make the blanks for the perfect handle screw drivers. I want to handle it with some wood I have. I'm looking for 4" and 6" sizes or maybe even smaller if they were made smaller. I only need 2-4 blanks. 
Thanks

Scott Grandstaff's PH screwdrivers.....

http://users.snowcrest.net/kitty/sgrands...rivers.htm
Pages: 1 2