Woodnet Forums

Full Version: First Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had picked up a small piece of dried wood with spalting at our local turners club some time last year, and finally got around to finding a bowl inside it today.

[attachment=49646]

There are many issues with this bowl, but I'm liking it.  Watch & pocket knife for scale.
Looks good to me. Now you are on the slippery slope and can kiss flat work goodbye.Smile

Al
You did a fine job on the bowl.  Make sure you date the bottom so you can look back and say Wow that was my first.
(01-29-2024, 07:28 PM)grwold Wrote: [ -> ]There are many issues with this bowl, but I'm liking it.  Watch & pocket knife for scale.

I like it too. Thank you for showing the scale . I've found that small pieces are actually harder to do than larger ones because any little deviation from what you had in mind originally stands out so much more. The issues you think you see (we are always our own worst critics) are likely do be due to the scale.
Pretty piece of wood. Nicely done!
nice!!!  Cool

the "slippery slope" just got slipperyer.  Laugh
Very nice! Welcome to the vortex...