Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Relic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello once again I was able to put the finishing touches on my first piece for 2024. I have been showing progress on this piece as I made it. Made from Maple first turned hollow on the lathe, it finished at 7" x 7".  Then the pattern was hand drawn and hand carved,  21 Kokopelli's in all. Some pyrography was added for shading then alcohol inks were added for coloring the hand carved leather straps, the final finish is satin lacquer.
Wow!

Just WOW! Cool
That's really beautiful. Amazing work!
Beautiful. I can barely imagine and never duplicate the patience required to produce such a piece. I'd even be afraid to have it on a shelf for fear that the dog would bump it off.
Holy Cow Bruce!!!  You've done it again!  There is so much air, space, voids, or whatever, the piece looks as light as a feather.  And what a masterful job on creating the leather.  You have to be a mathematician to figure out the pattern.
The straps look like real leather.  Well done! Yes
Another beauty Bruce!
Thank you everyone for the very nice comments and complements, on to my next piece.