Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Why don't we have a challange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we use a certain tool or a certain technique or holiday theme or what?  you guys tell me.
So the challenge is to come up with a “challenge”?
(02-28-2024, 03:32 PM)EightFingers Wrote: [ -> ]So the challenge is to come up with a “challenge”?

boy am I good.  LaughLaughLaugh

I am thinking turning with a twist like an off center bowl or box using a skew only?
It has been a long time since we did a challenge. It sounds like a good idea.

I will second the idea of doing an off-axis turning as the first challenge. Restricting it to skew-only might be too dangerous if we want to include off-center bowls.

As a different challenge for the fall, I would suggest making a kaleidoscope. WaltQ was a collector of kaleidoscopes and making some for his birth month would be a good way to remember him (IMHO).
(03-12-2024, 01:05 AM)iclark Wrote: [ -> ]It has been a long time since we did a challenge. It sounds like a good idea.

I will second the idea of doing an off-axis turning as the first challenge. Restricting it to skew-only might be too dangerous if we want to include off-center bowls.

As a different challenge for the fall, I would suggest making a kaleidoscope. WaltQ was a collector of kaleidoscopes and making some for his birth month would be a good way to remember him (IMHO).

Yah no skew.  Since I am short on funds the kaleidoscope is out for me anyway.  A bowl or box or icecicle or anything would be find for me.

I do miss Walt too.
How about pen turning? LOL