Woodnet Forums

Full Version: "Blue Crab"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello once again everyone here is my latest piece "Blue Crab" This piece is a 7" x 7" Cherry hollow turned to about 3/16"" thick then hand drawn and carved away negative space. The coloring is hand pained alcohol inks and finished with satin lacquer.
You are truly a Marylander. Nicely done.
Another well done buddy
Thank you very much Arlin. Here are some more photos.
Truly stunning work!
That is a very cool looking piece. I'm curious how you came up with the idea for something like that.
Wow!!!!!!! !
Another winner Bruce!
Very nice and very well done.

My high school mascot was a red (school colors were red and white) "blue crab."

One of the pranks pulled by my school was to take a bushel of live blue crabs and release them into our rival school one weekend. The rival school was a 3-story wood building that still used radiators for heat. Reportedly, it was a cold weekend and the crabs crawled under the radiators to die. By Monday, it took them quite a while to figure out what was stinking and then find and remove the dead crabs. Winkgrin The story of that prank has lasted long after our rival school was demolished. Yes
Thank you everyone I'm working on several new pieces, so stay tuned for future post.
Pages: 1 2