Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,408
» Latest member: Luxuryhome
» Forum threads: 64,974
» Forum posts: 1,006,042

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 545 online users.
» 8 Member(s) | 535 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, J-W-P, AHill, edmorini, thomaskila, Bach

Latest Threads
mulch options for grass s...
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: fredhargis
1 hour ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 96
Stanley #80
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: bandit571
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 51
A case to store a few chi...
Last Post: bandit571
10 hours ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 993
Retractable Electrical Ho...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: Tapper
11 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 269
Workbench
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Stwood_
Yesterday, 06:10 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 570
Finishing Walnut
Forum: Finishing
Last Post: Stwood_
Yesterday, 05:40 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 240
The Plane has landed
Last Post: Admiral
Yesterday, 05:11 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93
Is bolt pattern for press...
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: Petertaylor
Yesterday, 04:41 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 178
Free ww plans
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: Rick LoDico
Yesterday, 02:38 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 72
Hinge Question
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Ridgeway
Yesterday, 10:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 168

Columbian Vise find - Any info
Posted by: jussi - 08-21-2015, 02:38 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (4)

On a side note. They also had a copy of a emmert vise. I actually got really excited when I first saw it, thinking it was the real deal, then saw the made in taiwan sticker. They were asking $75. Is that a good price?

Print this item

I have an idea for a sled and need your opinion
Posted by: Arlin Eastman - 08-21-2015, 12:13 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (4)

When I used sleds in the past I just made fixtures to fit the sled for the purpose required.

It worked just fine.

Using the fence as a guide is to me awkward, it has to be set up exactly in the same place each time and limits long cuts.

I would use what you have and make different back fences set up on registration pins to swap as needed

Joe

Print this item

Re-grading around house....
Posted by: brnhornt - 08-21-2015, 09:40 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (8)

If you bury the siding, it will rot and insects will begin to enter. That is a bad idea. Based on the wider shot, I would try removing the stone (retaining) wall. A line drawn from the current soil line at the foundation to the base of the maple tree shows a downward slope. Not a large slope, but a sloping away none the less.

If you cannot slope it directly towards the right of the picture, you might get more slope by also grading to a low point between the walkway and the stone wall, and sloping just that section more steeply and away from the house.

It looks like a lot of dirt to move around. I would suggest a stack of grade stakes, a laser level, and renting a small excavator.

Print this item

Ceiling repair
Posted by: ebarker9 - 08-21-2015, 08:33 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (7)

Well, how long do you want it to last? Supposedly, drywall compound and plaster don't mix and will eventually separate. I have the feeling that it will last decades.

When I started repairing plaster I'd have secured it and mixed a new finish coat of plaster of Paris. Now I'd pick up some general purpose drywall mud for the finish coat after securing it.

Print this item

New Sliding Paitio Doors & New Storm/Screen Doors
Posted by: ChuckL2 - 08-21-2015, 07:34 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (2)

I picked up an Anderson from the orange borg and installed it. It made a big difference in heating and cooling over the old aluminum door and I like the interior blinds.

Print this item

Free lathe - Dayton Ohio
Posted by: hairy - 08-21-2015, 07:23 AM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (1)

I'm confused. It says that it must be out by "this weekend" but it was posted 25 days ago.

Print this item

Dewalt cordless 20 sliding compound miter saw
Posted by: Sundowner - 08-21-2015, 06:19 AM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (1)

Hitachi 8.5 slider plug in model is 31lbs. No battery to wear down.

Print this item

Some saws in apple
Posted by: Isaac S - 08-21-2015, 04:48 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (6)

You do beautiful work, Isaac. But I've got to say, the closed handles with lamb's tongues are out of this world.

Print this item

How to patch holes from self drilling drywall anchors/ reuse location?
Posted by: Bob10 - 08-20-2015, 11:59 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (3)

Are the holes too large for regular toggle bolts? Or WingIts anchors?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/WingIts-World..._-202727991-_-N

http://www.homedepot.com/p/WingIts-World..._-202552914-_-N

Print this item

Woodcarving in 1912 an enjoyable video
Posted by: Paul K. Murphy - 08-20-2015, 09:06 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (6)

Awesome. Love the tie and smock.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.