Woodnet Forums
10" Rip Blade - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: 10" Rip Blade (/showthread.php?tid=7324095)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 10" Rip Blade - smoothjazz27 - 10-24-2016

I agree that a table saw is a lot more than just a tool for ripping.  However, I have to disagree with accuracy of the Radial Arm Saw.  I have a DeWalt RAS that is over 60 years old, and this saw makes precision crosscuts.  I have never had an issues with this saw.  It stays aligned for long periods of time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything when it comes to making quality crosscuts.

RE: 10" Rip Blade - Cooler - 10-27-2016

I have a Delta rip blade that does a fine job on ripping but is hardly a thin kerf.  I have a Freud thin kerf rip blade that was quite inexpensive and does a good job too.  

Surprisingly the Freud blade does a reasonable job cutting up 1/4" thick ply (I was too lazy to change the blade and was pleasantly surprised by the result.  A zero insert would have made it entirely suitable for that purpose.  

Cheap enough and it saves material and uses less power on the rips.

RE: 10" Rip Blade - JIMB49 - 10-27-2016

i found 2 thin kerf blades a a flea mkt both in package brand new Freud as far as ripping they do a great job seems as the guy that sold them to me was just wanting to get  them out of hands might have been warm
Rolleyes

RE: 10" Rip Blade - tomsteve - 10-30-2016

check out infinity. good prices and great blades.

http://www.infinitytools.com/saw-blades-accessories/table-saw/table-saw-blades/ripping-saw-blades

RE: 10" Rip Blade - Pirate - 11-02-2016

(10-24-2016, 08:04 AM)smoothjazz27 Wrote: I agree that a table saw is a lot more than just a tool for ripping.  However, I have to disagree with accuracy of the Radial Arm Saw.  I have a DeWalt RAS that is over 60 years old, and this saw makes precision crosscuts.  I have never had an issues with this saw.  It stays aligned for long periods of time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything when it comes to making quality crosscuts.

I agree. I also have an old Dewalt ras, and it's my go to, for crosscuts, unless it's small parts being cut. Then the small ts sled is used.

RE: 10" Rip Blade - tablesawtom - 11-07-2016

I use a Forrest rip blade. It cuts so fast and easy that one should have all the safety  equipment on the saw and make sure you have a push stick handy before starting the cut. I was told that it was designed to be used with a feeder. I know there will be several people who will chime in about how they always use all the safety equipment and so on. But I live in the real world and this response in not the place for it.  I am saying that it cuts quickly and with little resistance and it is a good blade to be extra careful with.

Also I believe it is a 20 tooth blade not a 24 and not all teeth are flat toped so it gives a fairly good finish. Expensive, yes, but it also cuts edge sanding time by more than half.

Tom