Woodnet Forums
Show us what you have made - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Show us what you have made (/showthread.php?tid=7375918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Show us what you have made - bandit571 - 05-28-2024

Hmmm, I'll bite...trying to keep time?
[attachment=51326]
Sits on top of the Computer desk..
[attachment=51327]
Just using up bits of scrap Ash....

RE: Show us what you have made - Timberwolf - 05-28-2024

(05-28-2024, 08:15 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmm, I'll bite...trying to keep time?

Sits on top of the Computer desk..

Just using up bits of scrap Ash....

Dovetail saw and sheath..

[Image: 1-D9-C0-ACF-86-B1-43-B0-9550-CBCED462-EA72.avif]

RE: Show us what you have made - bandit571 - 05-28-2024

Plane til...
[attachment=51333]
or..
[attachment=51334]
"Open for Business"

RE: Show us what you have made - stav - 05-28-2024

(05-28-2024, 08:26 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .....................
Dovetail saw and sheath..

I don't recall you ever posting a saw build before. Are you branching out or have I been missing them?

Looks good either way. I need some of those sheaths.

(05-28-2024, 11:36 AM)stav Wrote: I don't recall you ever posting a saw build before. Are you branching out or have I been missing them?

Looks good either way. I need some of those sheaths.
Stav, It has been about 15 years since I made that one...The plate is from a new German made gent's saw...I removed the plate and handle from the steel spine and resharpened it..It had "pegged teeth" and wouldn't cut..I sharpened it and laminated a brass back on it and made the handle..Phil Baker had a saw with a wood sheath  that caught my eye, and I copied the way it was made... Just 1/8" Baltic birch...saw is retained by a leather strap and a brass Ball- Stud I made on the lathe. I had planned to make a fancy one as this was just a prototype, but have not gotten "A round toit".
Crazy
Crazy
Big Grin

Edit....
Nordic was my inspiration...He was making some really fancy saws at that time.
As were a few other Woodnetters, one of whom went into business in Oregon with his sons and his name escapes me right now.

RE: Show us what you have made - Arlin Eastman - 05-28-2024

(05-27-2024, 06:29 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: That looks terrific. I've e been trying to get my wife to think about letting me build some small storage cabinets for our kitchen, but she's stuck in the original configuration. Still working on it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Bump the old ones with a piece of steel to leave a big scratch or dent and hence an excuse to rebuild. 
Wink

RE: Show us what you have made - Tom Wiarda - 05-28-2024

I made this Windsor Birdcage Settee  based on the birdcage armchair plans from Curtis Buchanan and a picture of the settee on his website. The legs, arms, spindles and crest rails are ash split from a log. The seat is white pine. The legs are turned and all the rest of the parts are shaped with hand tools. Many of the parts are steam bent. The tricky part was extrapolating measurements from the chair plans to the settee size. I’m pleased with the way it turned out. 

[attachment=51351]
[attachment=51352]

(05-28-2024, 07:22 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: I made this Windsor Birdcage Settee  based on the birdcage armchair plans from Curtis Buchanan and a picture of the settee on his website. The legs, arms, spindles and crest rails are ash split from a log. The seat is white pine. The legs are turned and all the rest of the parts are shaped with hand tools. Many of the parts are steam bent. The tricky part was extrapolating measurements from the chair plans to the settee size. I’m pleased with the way it turned out. 
Beautiful work, Tom...

RE: Show us what you have made - enjuneer - 05-29-2024

I've started to make these flush cut saws. The 0.020" thick spring steel blade is sharpened for a pull cut on both edges, with teeth set in only one direction to prevent scratching of the wood surface. 

This one shown in the photos is the prototype. It has a figured walnut handle and brass split nut fasteners.

After a warm reception from customers, I made some refinements to the design and ordered enough material to make fifty more. The first few will have quartersawn walnut handles. I haven't decided on the wood for the rest, but have a number of species to pull from.

If you are interested in one, send a message through the contact form on the Loon Lake Tool Works website.

[attachment=51361]

[attachment=51362]

[attachment=51363]

[attachment=51364]

[attachment=51365]

[attachment=51360]

RE: Show us what you have made - Nordic - 05-29-2024

(05-29-2024, 01:00 PM)enjuneer Wrote: I've started to make these flush cut saws. The 0.020" thick spring steel blade is sharpened for a pull cut on both edges, with teeth set in only one direction to prevent scratching of the wood surface. 

This one shown in the photos is the prototype. It has a figured walnut handle and brass split nut fasteners.

After a warm reception from customers, I made some refinements to the design and ordered enough material to make fifty more. The first few will have quartersawn walnut handles. I haven't decided on the wood for the rest, but have a number of species to pull from.

If you are interested in one, send a message through the contact form on the Loon Lake Tool Works website.

Nice work, and a good idea!  
Yes