Woodnet Forums
tablesaw miter gauge - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: tablesaw miter gauge (/showthread.php?tid=7094761)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - CARYinWA - 09-13-2015

fredhargis said:

I'm not sure what negativity there can be.

The complaints I have heard that the fence is not square to the table right out of the box but it is adjustable with shims. I think given the price the angle that the fence connects to the head should be machined instead of stamped but it is what it is. I have also heard it is too complicated. That being said, I have a V27 and a 1000 HD. I am happy with both of them. FYI to the OP, Rockler puts the 1000HD on sale for $120.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - Bill Holt - 09-13-2015

Eric, thank you, thank you for the post. I have struggled with this for months!

Just made up my mind.

Thank you.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - Pirate - 09-13-2015

One thing I hated with the Incra 1000SE was having to use the hex driver to slide the fence or it's extension.
I cure this with some ratchet knobs. Besides the 2 shown, I have another on the end of the fence to lock/unlock the fence extension.
" />

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - AgGEM - 09-13-2015

Pirate said:

One thing I hated with the Incra 1000SE was having to use the hex driver to slide the fence or it's extension.
I cure this with some ratchet knobs. Besides the 2 shown, I have another on the end of the fence to lock/unlock the fence extension.
" />

Most very
Ag

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - glzahn - 09-13-2015

Not sure what the negative feedback on Incra is. I've owned the Incra 3000 for over a decade without any problems. I love the ability to make a cut, change the fence settings and go back to the original settings and have an exact duplicate cut.

Well worth the investment.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - Kansas City Fireslayer - 09-14-2015

I use the Woodhaven deluxe as well. It's very well made and I like the pin style setting.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - EricU - 09-23-2015

I think the thing that owners hate the most is shimming the fence. The FWW reviewer thought that the 1000SE didn't have enough detents, and the 3000 had too many. So I decided to get the 1000HD. But really, I haven't quite talked myself into doing mitered corners yet, so who am I fooling? I think I'm going to get the 1000SE. I did have a few moments when I was seriously considering the JDS accumiter and the Woodhaven

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - John Mihich - 09-23-2015

I really like my Osborne. (sp). The only thing is when you put the sand paper on the fence make sure it doesn't stick below the fence - it will scratch your table. I love my Incra TS fence. I think I have a great combo with the two.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - EricU - 09-24-2015

There's a lot of love for the Osborne. Maybe if I get sick of the Incra I'll get one.

I finally ordered the Miter Express with a 1000SE. I think it fits in with the work that I do pretty well. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Re: tablesaw miter gauge - AHill - 09-24-2015

+1. I don't use it with the miter express. I use the Dubby for that stuff.

Pirate said:

Incra 1000SE. Really like the micro adjust on the flip stop.