Woodnet Forums
Wedgie sled - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Wedgie sled (/showthread.php?tid=7328359)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wedgie sled - Arlin Eastman - 03-04-2017

Since I have never made any segmented anything I am by no means even very knowledgeable about it to the best. 

If a person make a two legged sled is there an option of taking one leg off anytime he wish's?

RE: Wedgie sled - Turner52 - 03-04-2017

Arlin
The sled Angus pictured is exactly what I was talking about, only with two pieces mounted in the tracks so you can cut on the top of one and the bottom of the other as shown in the wedgie you-tube videos.

RE: Wedgie sled - SceneryMaker - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 01:27 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: If a person make a two legged sled is there an option of taking one leg off anytime he wish's?
Sure, you can do that. You can even use the Wedgie to set the angle on the remaining fence.

Probably remove the upper one to make room for a wider segment should that be desired.

RE: Wedgie sled - Arlin Eastman - 03-04-2017

That is maybe why Angus said what he did.  I wonder just how big they can make?

RE: Wedgie sled - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 03-12-2017

Someone in a local turning club was making the wedgie system on his CNC a year or so ago, and I inquired this last couple weeks about having one made, but he isn't doing any more. Bummer. I may have to try and talk someone into selling theirs. If that fails, then I'll be making my own. I just prefer to not spend my time making jigs...