Woodnet Forums
My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) (/showthread.php?tid=2780468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - Toddy Woddy - 12-20-2006

Magnificent job. You give me inspiration but I'm not sure how I would break the news to my old sled. It has seen a lot of battles and is definitley getting tired. You, also have a lot of features that mine doesn't have.
Thanks for sharing and terrific job.
Toddy Woddy

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - MMarzluf - 12-20-2006

Kilo..... Not by initial design, but I have screwed a washer to the bottom of each rail at the front before to keep it in the miter slots. Simple enough. I don't keep them on there all the time though because I like being able to lift it right off the TS without having to slide it off and out first. Know what I mean ?

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - vitabile - 12-20-2006

MMarzluf said:

Kilo..... Not by initial design, but I have screwed a washer to the bottom of each rail at the front before to keep it in the miter slots. Simple enough.

What size washers & screws do you use for this? I've been thinking of doing the same for my CC sled.

Tony

Hmmm...... good question. Never really measured them. I just grabbed my washer storage comtainer and dug out some that fit into the T slot of the miter, then found some screws that would work.

Your saw may be a little differnet as well..... Just measure the width of the T slot in your miter. Also, if your sled runners don't extend down to the T slot portion you'll have to shim the bigger washers with smaller ones. Well, actually I guess you could just not tighten the screw all the way and leave the big washers dangling down enough to make it work.

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - kilo_watt - 12-20-2006

i keep looking at this sled over and over and i gotta say, not only is it functionally amazing, but you've managed to make it aesthetically interesting as well.

i'm pretty much in awe.

Well then......... order one.

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - fivestring©™± - 12-20-2006

Price quote, aisle 3!

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - vitabile - 12-21-2006

My runners should be about 1/8" shy of the bottom of the slots. I'll have to check. And I suppose I can measure the washer on the end of the miter gauge that came with the saw . . .

Tony

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - Peter in CT - 12-21-2006

Wow! Very nice sled.

It is a bit disheartning that your jigs are nicer then my actual projects.

Keep up the good work

Re: My new updated crosscut sled (pics) - EddieHoward - 12-21-2006

Just checking to see if you got my email.

Eddie