Woodnet Forums
CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure (/showthread.php?tid=3058880)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - rmchin - 05-06-2008

Nicely done.

I really enjoy yours and Jonathan's workbench threads.

Martin

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Skewdge - 05-06-2008

Congrats, everything everybody said and more... excellent work of art. I hope you don't mind if I ever build a bench like yours maybe with a different hardwood other than purpleheart even though that contrast looks original and beautiful.

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Skip J. - 05-06-2008

Skewdge said:

I hope you don't mind if I ever build a bench like yours maybe with a different hardwood other than purpleheart even though that contrast looks original and beautiful.

Hey Skew;

Maybe CT should copyright that look?????

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Peter Tremblay - 05-06-2008

Well CT, That is a very very beautiful bench. I'm almost sorry to hear that it is done. This has been one of my favorite threads. In fact I think it was this thread that first clued me into the existence of Woodnet. I did a google search for "workbench" and somewhere down the list this tread was there.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Peter

Ps. What are you going to make next?

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Scoony - 05-06-2008

Great bench. You have really inspired me to build a cabinet for my bench. Now I have to decide on wood to use.

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - msweig - 05-06-2008

Nice job, and congrats. Feels great, doesn't it.

And even better, the benchtop is already covered in stuff

mark

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Guest - 05-06-2008

CT,

I'd like to add my congratulations to your growing and well deserved list of kudos. Your bench was a labor of love and a truly fine accomplishment. I know you will enjoy it. I have certainly enjoyed mine. Others have said that a bench is the most important tool in your shop. I didn't realize what they meant until I finished mine. Now I don't know how I got along without it all those years. The only downside to your finishing your bench is that this thread will end. It has been one of the best I've read on the internet. I looked forward to your posts about your progress and the spirited discussion about the various problems you encountered, questions you raised and the many fine attributes of your bench. I hate to see it end. But all for a great cause. And now for your next project .....

Hank

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - Bibliophile 13 - 05-06-2008

There just aren't enough of these little faces to express it.

So bravo!!! That is one of the best looking benches I’ve ever seen. Thanks for letting us follow you all the way.

We’re going to be bumping this thread for years.

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - MauleSkinner - 05-06-2008

Very nice, CT! We'll expect lots of pics of projects being built on that bench.

...and now that you've got the process down, can you knock me one out in maple and rosewood by next weekend?

David

Re: CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure - bgeyer - 05-07-2008

awesome.

i read somewhere in this thread that this is just the first bench. you thought of improvements along the way. so, have you started the next? did the addiction to bench creation continue?

you did great work. thanks for sharing all 101 pictures!